05 January 2010

~ The Joy Of Rain ~

Yesterday started as a hot humid balmy day, sweat was gently sliding down my brow. I am situated in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and summer here is quite tropical. My first thought was to moan about the situation as I tried to organize my day in the heat.

Then a sound from a distance sparked my heart and I lifted my head to the side to listen for it again. A few minutes later, I heard it, the sound of thunder.
 

I quickly looked out the window and to my delight, the cloud cover was moving steadily towards our area. The temperature started to drop slightly and that sense and smell of rain was starting to swirl around my nostrils.
 

Just as quickly my mood lifted and I was joyous in celebrating the arrival of the rain.
 

I called out to my two sons 5 and 6 to get ready to dance in the rain. They both squealed with delight and anticipation and were jumping all over the place!
Then the moment arrived, the clouds burst open to bless us with this magical shower, so the three of us walked outside, then along our street and headed for the local creek to a big open paddock. Where we decided was the place to really enjoy this magnificent rain that had blessed us with relief from the heat.

Excitedly the boys yelled out, "hurry up mum", as I tried to keep up with their pace.
 

All the while we were feeling the rain on our skin, our hair and clothing,  it was so freeing and I felt myself smiling from the inside out!

We arrived at the creek and noticed ducks and galah's (native Australian bird) feeding on the worms that must have been washed out and had popped up to the surface above the soil.
We swapped the camera between the three of us and took photo's to remember the joy and fun we had. The creek which is usually dry was filling with water once again and the boys investigated to see if their was any fish in sight.


All the while our clothes were feeling heavier and heavier with rain, but who cares when you are joyous and having fun!!
 
The beauty of the natural wonders that surrounded us, with their leaves and flowers dappled with rain drops. They too looked like they were enjoying themselves basking in the rain.

Sometimes just the simplest of things can bring so much joy to one's life. I guess the big thing is to participate in it. Enjoy it .. be joyous within it.

Each experience, moment of life is gone so suddenly. Like this moment, at the beginning of the day I was moaning from the heat. Would I have enjoyed this natural gift if I had first not experienced this heat and felt the appreciation for the cooling of the rain?

It was such a joy to be out in the elememts, the rain, the thunder, running around enjoying my inner child with my two boy's.

How many times do we really seize an opportunity, a moment? Do we really appreciate the natural gifts of life, or are we so busy that we have forgotten how to.
 

It reminds me of this quote;
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.  ~Kahlil Gibran
 
My son's and I danced in the paddock without a care in the world, and in that moment, you know that something really special is taking place.
 

We were bare feet, with the wind was in our hair! 


Saturated and full of joy we bid farewell to this day as the sun slowly drifted to sleep in the Southern Hemisphere. Although, it is now a loving memory that will live on in our hearts.


Walking back home, the boy's were so uplifted and joyful, there was no monetary expence , computer games, tv or modern gadgets involved. Just a free experience, and one with nature! 

Thank you to my 5 year old son for taking this photo as we were leaving!
Think about the differences you can make in your life, to create a more positive energy flow. Try turning negatives into positives as much as possible and allow the gift of joy to bubble up inside you.

Life is full of up's and downs, it always how you ride them!

'Keep Creating The Love' .... Everyone .... Leanna

Add me;

Copyright Leanna Mackenzie © 2010-All rights reserved













2 comments:

Heather said...

I saw your blog on blogcatalog and love the purpose of your blog... so needed for everyone to hear right now. hope you can check out my site at http://middleofchina.blogspot.com

Creating The Love said...

Thank you ..I am very thankful for your comment and the positive message. I see you have 3 blogs, that must keep you very busy. I hope you visit again, Leanna